Opening Day Activities
March 17, 2007
Opening Day for our 2007 season was great! We had a lot of families who came out to enjoy the beautiful weather, awesome BBQ, carnival, inflatables, and friends! Everywhere I looked there were kids playing and families enjoying the time together. It is so rewarding to see all of our kids out in the fields, excited to start another season of baseball.
This year we were thrilled to welcome our Challenger Giants. As they started out the parade, it brought home the reason we all do this. So a child can have a place to play in a safe environment, a place to make friends and to make memories.
Splash, from the Stockton Ports joined us this year to lead our parade and we are excited to be going to the Stockton Ports game on May 20th. Be sure to order you tickets, this promises to be a fun event for the whole family!
We honored our own Jessica Vestal this year as she threw out our first pitch of the season. It was caught by her proud Dad, Jimmy. Jessica has gone through our divisions and shown herself to be not only a great player, but a player who plays by the code of baseball and show herself to be a player with integrity! Thank you Jessica for being such a great example of what a great baseball player is!
you to everyone who helped make this day the success it was. It is the parents
that turn out and take a job and make it happen that brings it all together –
this day could not happen without all of our families getting involved.
A special thank you goes out to:
• Theresa Bangert for heading up the BBQ serving area and making sure things run smoothly! Theresa your professionalism and enthusiasm is amazing!
• Molly Pardi-Bonnington for supervising the Snack Shack all day. Our snack shack never had a dull moment and Molly was there to make sure everything ran smoothly. Molly is also our Saturday supervisor at Galindo fields – Thank you for all your help!
• To Gary & Jan Tibbetts for overseeing the Silent Auction. I truly appreciate you taking the time to help out and make this event such a success!
• Gil & Cindy Bates for overseeing the Hit-A-Thon. This year was our best ever! We had a lot of teams participate and stayed on schedule if not ahead of it. Thank you for getting everyone involved and making this a fun and exciting event for the kids!
• Dayna Broussard for overseeing the pictures. I appreciate you making sure all our teams get their pictures taken without any problems.
• Chris Sheehan, Chris Oswald and the BBQ team. You guys rock! You kept it going all day, the food was terrific and the lines short. It is hard work and you did great!
• To the board and volunteers for all your help setting up on Friday and keeping things running throughout the day. I truly appreciate all of you!
I look forward to seeing you all out at the fields, I hope all of you have a wonderful season! For the Kids!
CALL Auxiliary Director